December has been an exciting month for me.
Below are some of the highlights:
1. I am proud to say that “Stage Fright”, my Bearden-inspired collage, (see my previous post below) was chosen to hang at The Mint Museum Uptown during the Romare Bearden Southern Recollections Exhibit with the other winners of that contest. It will be on display from Dec. 15, 2011 – Jan. 8, 2012. Don’t miss this wonderful exhibit.
2. I am also the proud recipient of an Arts and Science Council (ASC) 2012 Regional Artist Project Grant for $2,000. This project was made possible through the support of the North Carolina Arts Council, a state agency, the Blumenthal Endowment, and the arts councils in Cabarrus, Cleveland, Gaston, Iredell, Mecklenburg, Rowan, Rutherford, and York (SC) counties. More on my art project in future posts.
3. Durham Art Guild‘s 57th Annual Member Juried Art Show with guest juror, Linda Dougherty, Chief Curator and Curator of Contemporary Art, NC Museum of Art.
My image, (at left) “Blue Lady with Beads“, 30″ X 24″, acrylic/mixed media on canvas was juried into the show.
Where: DAG’s SunTrust Gallery (120 Morris St.)
Dates: Friday, December 2, 2011 – Sunday, January 8, 2012 • Artists’ Reception: Friday, December 16, 5-7pm
Location: 120 Morris St., Durham, NC 27701
Contact: Phone: +1 (919) 560- email@example.com
4. Publicity: Xanadu Gallery Catalog, Xanadu website and facebook page: my painting “Nucleii”, 30″ X 24″, acrylic/mixed media on canvas
Studio Visit Magazine, Vol. 15, my painting, “Birds Nest on Chair”, 24″ X 30″, acrylic/mixed media on canvas
5. I have some new work on my website for your viewing. Have a look and let me know any comments you have about these new paintings.
(Left image) “Directional Hand 2”, 24″ X 18″, acrylic/mixed media on canvas